By RYAN GORMAN
A police helicopter crashed Wednesday afternoon in Las Vegas.
The Metro Police chopper went down around 1:30 p.m. in a residential neighborhood near downtown Vegas, according to local television station KLAS.
The helicopter landed hard on the ground but did not catch fire, witnesses told the Las Vegas Sun.
The helicopter landed in the middle of a residential street, but no one on the ground appears to have been injured.
It narrowly avoided hitting a house before skidding to a stop.
The two officers aboard the aircraft were injured, but were later declared okay, according to the station.
The helicopter was purchased new in 2010, according to KLAS.
It is one of five operated by the police department, according to the Sun.
NYC to name streets in honor of slain detectives Liu and Ramos
NYPD arrests reportedly plummet following assassination of two officers
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!