Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes
Simply serve the Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes with a side of lemons and some freshly chopped oregano and basil. Enjoy this amazing easy-to-make dish!
- 6 seasoned and browned chicken thighs
- 2 seasoned and browned split chicken breasts
- 1 small diced small yellow onion
- 6 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 small diced Serrano peppers
- 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes and juice
- 2 28 ounce cans of strained and rinsed chickpeas
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fresh oregano and basil for garnish
- Place all ingredients but the salt and pepper, and herbs in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner on low heat for 6 hours.
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh herbs.
For the full post, visit Billy Parisi.