Sweet and Spicy Sesame Noodles with Rainbow Veggies
Ingredients Noodles and Veggies:
- ¾ lb spaghetti (regular or whole wheat will work)
- 1 ½ cup diced bell pepper (used a mix of red and yellow, but feel free to use red, yellow or orange)
- Ribbons from 2 large or 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup edamame
- ¾ cup chopped scallions (green and light green parts only)
- extra scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar (I like mine a little tangier)
- 1 Tbsp Asian toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes or Sriracha
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
- Cook spaghetti until just al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to bring to room temp.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prep your vegetables and whisk together all ingredients of the sauce. If the sauce feels pretty thick, add a little more water. If you want it sweet- add more honey, saltier- add more soy sauce. You get the picture. Feel free to make the sauce a few days ahead and just bring to room temp when ready to serve.
- Place the noodles, vegetables, and sauce in a large bowl. Toss well to combine. Serve at room temp topped with sesame seeds and extra scallions.
For the full post visit, Clara Persis.