Polenta Cakes with Portobello Mushrooms and Burrata
Ingredients for the Polenta Cakes:
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 ⅓ cup broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil Pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup quick cooking polenta
- In a small pot combine milk, broth, olive oil and spices and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and vigorously whisk in the polenta. Reduce the heat to low and add the pot back on. Continue stirring until the polenta thickens. Cover and set aside.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, halved
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 oz burrata cheese
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and cook the mushrooms on both sides until starting to soften. Reduce heat to medium-high and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan. Add the polenta to the pan, forming four round cakes. Use a large pastry ring or cookie cutter for a neater presentation. Fry for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- Arrange the polenta cakes on four plates. Top with mushrooms and burrata and sprinkle with chopped parsley.