Transgender individuals face discrimination in nearly all aspects of life. This month, new legislation announced by the Department of Justice extends protection to transgender employees.
Shouldn't everyone have already been protected? Lawyers and tedious legal formalities had deferred discrimination protection for years for transgender Americans. The Department of Justice has finally brought the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into a modern context and interpretation.
HuffPost Live investigates the potential impact of the new interpretation of this legislation and the groups if will affect most.
More on the LGBT community:
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- ‘Smartest baby’ knows all her animal sounds at just 9 months old: ‘…
- Wife hasn’t spoken to husband in a week, so he ‘makes her talk’ with h…
- Amazon shoppers say this gadget is a game-changer for deep-cleaning ti…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!