College student Cody Hadden wanted to be here on December 21st -- the Seahawks-Cardinals game.
"It might be better to go through a verified website rather than Craigslist," Hadden said.
Hadden gives that advice because this Christmas, he bought these tickets for himself and his dad on Craigslist ... and it turns out they were fake.
"With technologies really coming to a point where these forgeries are becoming more and more like the real tickets," Hadden added.
When Hadden and his dad were turned away, he tried tracking down the man who sold him the tickets, but KNXV discovered the phone number he'd used had been disconnected. Hadden paid $350 for the fake stubs and says he's just out the money.
It's common enough that local outlets are warning fans to beware of fake playoff tickets -- and buyers are being urged to go through licensed ticket resellers who can verify the authenticity of the ticket.
As for Hadden -- presuming he was a Cardinals fan, since he's a native of the Phoenix area -- he probably wouldn't have wanted to see that game anyway. The Seahawks won 35-6.
Also on AOL:
Man makes star-studded proposal video in four years
Netflix New Year's Eve countdown helps parents fool their kids
Santa Claus caught on camera by unsure boy on Christmas
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Over 8,000 Amazon shoppers rave about these socks relieving foot pa…
- How to make pasta from scratch with only 4 ingredients and no machine
- Amazon shoppers love this popular shampoo for dry hair
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance