Crispy Grain Free Waffles
By Health Starts in the Kitchen
These Crispy Grain Free Waffles are paleo. Here's the real exciting news... you can FREEZE them! And they can be quickly reheated for breakfast!
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 Tbsp + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (omit if on 21DSD)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs preferably local, organic and pasture raised
- ¼ cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup raw milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Waffle maker, preferably ceramic-coated or cast iron
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix - just to combine - a few lumps are ok. Using a ladle, scoop batter into your hot waffle iron.
- Cook your waffles according to the waffle makers manufactures instructions. We leave ours go extra long to make sure they are super crispy. Serve immediately OR cool on a wire rack (so they stay crisp). Cooled waffles can be frozen and reheated in the toaster for quick breakfasts. Enjoy!
NOTES: One recipe will yield approximately 7 large thick, round waffles. Plan ½ a round waffle per person - One whole waffle is a lot of food!
For the full post, visit Health Starts in the Kitchen.