Cauliflower Pizza Crust with Roasted Vegetables
If you're having a craving for some 'za, this delicious, vegetable-laden pie will definitely hit the spot. You're welcome.Ingredients for Cauliflower Crust:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, florets removed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ½ small red pepper
- ⅓ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ small red onion
- ⅓ cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup pizza sauce of your choice (you could also use pesto!)
- ½ shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in your oven and pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. On a pizza peel or cutting board, place a piece of parchment sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Remove the florets from your head of cauliflower. Place the florets in a food processor or blender and pulse until the cauliflower has the texture of sand. You should have about 2½-3 cups of cauliflower sand.
- Transfer the cauliflower sand to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, covered, for 4 minutes.
- Let your cauliflower cool completely. When cool, place the cauliflower in a towel and wring it tightly. You want to remove as much moisture from the cauliflower as humanly possible. I recommend doing this in two batches to get your cauliflower really dry.
- Place the cauliflower pulp in a mixing bowl and add the cheeses, spices, and the egg. Mix until well combined.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it on the parchment-lined pizza peel or cutting board. Place a second piece of sprayed parchment on top of the dough ball and roll it out into a circle about 1/6-inch in thickness. Remove the second sheet of parchment and briefly set your pizza aside while you prepare your vegetables.
- Place the broccoli, bell peppers and onions on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Carefully transfer your dough to the hot pizza stone/baking sheet. Place your vegetables in the oven along with your dough. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Carefully remove it from the oven along with your vegetables.
- While your dough is baking, quickly sauté the mushrooms in 1 teaspoon olive oil for 3-4 minutes until tender. Briefly set aside.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough and sprinkle with an even layer of mozzarella. Top with the roasted vegetables, sautéed mushrooms and crumbled goat cheese.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling slightly.
- Let your pizza cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing to make sure that the crust stays intact.
For the full post, visit Domesticate Me.