Breakfast Rice Pudding
This brown rice pudding is easy to throw together with leftover rice, just add a little milk (or whatever nut you squeeze hard enough to get a milk-like substance out of), a drizzle of honey and your favorite fruit and nuts to top. A handful of this, a handful of that, this Breakfast Rice Pudding is warm, filling and a totally guilt-free dessert for breakfast.
Serving Size: 2 | Prep Time: 1 mins | Total Time: 16 mins
- 1 ½ cup cooked brown rice (cold)
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1 Tbsp butter½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 banana (half mashed, half sliced)
- garnishes: dried fruits, nuts, extra honey
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown rice, milk, butter, and cinnamon. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the mashed banana half and the honey. Cook about 1 minute to thicken.
- Divide between two bowls, and top with your choice of garnishes and the remaining banana slices. I used dried Mission figs and pepitas for the photos.
For the full post visit, Dessert for Two.