Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Plug in the slow cooker, you're about to have some finger licking BBQ going on with these amazing slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches.
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 4 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground white pepper
- 1 (6-8 pound) pork shoulder
- Mix all spice rub ingredients together
- Massage spice rub into meat. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but 24 hours is best.
- Unwrap roast and place in slow cooker with ¼ cup water.
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 8-10 hours and until meat is fork-tender.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; discard of liquid.
- Pull pork by tearing meat into thin shreds with two forks. Discard any fat.
- Return pork to slow cooker and set on low to serve. At this point you can also add your favorite BBQ sauce. I usually add my sauce to each individual sandwich.
Notes: The spice rub yields enough for about two roasts. I usually put any extra (that hasn't come into contact with the raw pork) in an air tight container until the next time. This will all depend on the size of your roast.
For the full post, visit A Happy Food Dance.