A new report claims Bill Cosby has hired a team of investigators to dig up dirt on all of his rape accusers.
According to a report published by the New York Post's Page Six, the 77-year-old comedian and his attorney, Martin Singer, are paying six figure fees to private investigators for any information that might discredit the dozens of women who claim he raped them.
One of the several sources claims Cosby told his legal team, "If you're going to say to the world that I did this to you, then the world needs to know, 'What kind of person are you? Who is this person that's saying it?' "
His legal team is calling it a scorched earth strategy -- where, similar to the military tactic involving the destruction of anything useful to your enemy, his team will use anything negative from accuser's pasts against them.
A separate source told Page Six the tactic is already working to some degree. Specifically, in the case of former supermodel Beverly Johnson. Johnson accused Cosby of drugging her cappuccino during a visit to his home in the 80s.
That source said, "They were able to find out information about Beverly Johnson's boyfriend who said she only had good things to say about cosby. We found out that Beverly never told her live-in lover of several years what she's now telling the media and we found that to be strange."
Cosby and Singer have not yet commented on hiring private investigators, but they haven't commented on much of anything pertaining to the dozens of rape allegations.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 5 seriously yummy waffle sandwiches on TikTok
- Mom gets real about other parents scolding her kids: ‘Hey, we don’t do…
- 7 essentials that’ll make your summer picnics Pinterest-worthy
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!