Red Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 5 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 potato, cut into matchsticks
- 1 scallion, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- A few tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and carrots. Rinse the potato sticks in cold water to remove some of the starch and use a kitchen towel to dry them really well. Do the same with the scallion.
- In a shallow pan, fry the scallions and potatoes in oil until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- ½ Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic power
- salt, to taste
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of five spice powder
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and toss with the cabbage and carrots. Put the salad in a bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, and the fried potatoes and scallions. Serve!