Peach, Pine Nut, and Mixed Greens Pizza with Ricotta Sauce and Fried Egg
By Home Skillet
Life, to be appreciated to its fullest, needs a bit of chaos and whimsy and improvisation - leftover Chinese food for the morning meal, an ice cream sandwich and some carrot sticks for lunch, and one of the perennial favorites - breakfast for dinner. Here we have pizza with cheesy ricotta sauce and topped with a mixed greens, peach, and pine nut salad...and fried eggs. Because eggs = breakfast. And that is a rule I can get behind.
Mixed greens and peach salad
- 4 cup mixed baby greens
- 3 Tbsp chives
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 2 white peaches, chopped
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the greens, chives, basil, peaches, pine nuts, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Drizzle the olive oil, and lemon juice over the mixed green salad. Sprinkle the lemon zest, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Ricotta and parmesan sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough, or use your favorite pizza dough recipe
- 5 eggs, fried
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter olive oil spray, for cooking
- For the ricotta and parmesan sauce, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and the garlic clove. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 450. Roll out the pizza dough on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread the ricotta and parmesan mixture over the crust. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, until crust has turned golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the mixed greens salad on top of the pizza.
- Spray a pan or skillet (I use my trusty cast-iron skillet) with the olive oil spray. Crack desired amount of eggs into skillet over medium-high heat and fry until whites have cooked and the yolks are still runny. Once they are cooked, place on the pizza.
For the full post, visit Home Skillet