Holiday detox smoothie
By A Happy Food Dance
Is anyone else overloading on cookies, holiday cocktails and appetizers at parties this time of year?!
This holiday detox smoothie starts with a bottom layer of tropical green smoothie and is topped with a burst of berry and beet- the perfect antidote to holiday eating while still being festive. Dairy-free, vegan and with no added sugar!
- 2 cups almond milk, divided
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peels (previously frozen in slices is ideal), divided
- 1½ cups frozen spinach
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- For the green smoothie, add to blender (in this order) one cup almond milk, one banana, spinach, pineapple and mango. Blend until smooth. Pour into bottom of the glass.For the red smoothie, add to blender (in this order) one cup almond milk, one banana, diced beets and raspberries. Blend until smooth and layer on top of green smoothie. Enjoy!
If you haven't previously frozen your banana into slices, you can add a few ice cubes if necessary. To achieve the layering effect, it helps if your smoothie is super thick, otherwise the green and red layer with just mix together.
See the full post here.