Glazed Doughnut Pancakes
Yep...you read it right - Glazed Doughnut Pancakes! Just saying it makes your heart beat faster, doesn't it?!
Any shred of guilt you may have ever had in the past from eating a warm Glazed Doughnut for breakfast, can now be a distant memory! Why? Because now the doughnut IS breakfast! We all know that Pancakes are a great start to the day and when combined with a glass of OJ next to the plate, they become a well-balanced, healthy breakfast.
These warm, cakey, gooey, Glazed 'Doughcakes'...err, umm...'Pannuts' will amaze and delight even the pickiest of eaters! Your fork literally sinks through the light/fluffy, yet cakey donughnutty pancake...and then proceeds to get drippingly drenched in the sweetest glaze EVER! Each bite takes you to the most delicious doughnutty-pancakey place you've ever been, and all before noon!
Doughnuts on your fork! Getchyasome!
Ingredients for the Batter:
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker, it has the most 'doughnutty' taste)
- 1 ½ cup milk
- piping bag with large tip
- In a medium bowl, mix up the Pancake Mix & the Cake Mix with the milk. Set aside.
- Fill a piping bag with the Dough-cake/Pan-Nut batter.
- Slowly pipe circles onto a skillet, leaving a circle in the center, they puff up so make sure your circle leaves room for that, so it won't close up on you!
- Grill them up until they're golden on both sides.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- A few drizzles of milk - until it's thick and creamy!
- Prepare the glaze simply by stirring in some milk into the powdered sugar...until it's thick! Adjust the ratios as necessary!
- Now for the BEST part!
- Stack. Drizzle. Prepare to amaze all who enter the room!
- Take a moment to stare and take it all in!
- Then sink your fork down deep into the BEST pancake/doughnuts EVER.
- Finally, take a giant sticky bite of your Glazed Doughnut Pancake Breakfast! Enjoy!
For the full post, visit Oh, Bite It.