Many critics of evolution claim that they can't see the evidence and therefore they don't believe in it. Some traits take thousands of years to develop into a visible change. However natural selection and the survival of the fittest might be more apparent than one might think.
Over a span of a few decades, elephants have started to evolve. Poachers are a huge reason why the elephant population is disappearing and therefore the species is adapting and evolving. The trait they are losing is something that poachers coveted the most - their ivory tusks. Today more and more elephants are being born without tusks. It seems that these elephants will have a better chance at survival without them.
Laci Green and Catie Wayne discuss other visible examples of evolution in species today, including humans!
More to watch on AOL:
Types of fish that are safe to eat
New technology provides detailed view of burning math
Cute cats that love winter
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- 18 ways to embrace Barbiecore mania — for under $300
- Speech therapist is going viral for teaching little ones how to say no
- Pickles are having a moment, and pickle lovers will relish these recip…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold