Many critics of evolution claim that they can't see the evidence and therefore they don't believe in it. Some traits take thousands of years to develop into a visible change. However natural selection and the survival of the fittest might be more apparent than one might think.
Over a span of a few decades, elephants have started to evolve. Poachers are a huge reason why the elephant population is disappearing and therefore the species is adapting and evolving. The trait they are losing is something that poachers coveted the most - their ivory tusks. Today more and more elephants are being born without tusks. It seems that these elephants will have a better chance at survival without them.
Laci Green and Catie Wayne discuss other visible examples of evolution in species today, including humans!
More to watch on AOL:
Types of fish that are safe to eat
New technology provides detailed view of burning math
Cute cats that love winter
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Dad’s impression of Elmo is spot-on, and his baby is totally here f…
- Mom’s all-natural bath remedy for restless babies is brilliant: ‘How i…
- 6 ways to level up s’mores
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program