Crunchy Breakfast Bowl With Cereal, Seeds, Almonds, Ginger And Fruit
I have rekindled an appreciation for cereal in cool milk, a creamy delicious vehicle for delivering crunchy morning time sustenance. But instead of taking it at face value, I'm adding stuff to it. Lots of stuff. To make a breakfast bowl. Sliced strawberries and mandarin oranges are sprinkled with ginger and either 5-spice powder or cardamom. Poppy seeds and sunflower seeds are thrown in the mix, along with some chopped almonds. A drizzle of honey, unsweetened cereal and milk brings everything together. What's not to love?
- handful of sliced strawberries
- mandarin orange, segmented
- sprinkling of freshly grated ginger
- sprinkling of poppy seeds
- about a tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- about 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- drizzle of honey
- 1 cup unsweetened cereal (I used puffed brown rice cereal)
- In a bowl, mix together the berries, mandarin orange, and grated ginger. Sprinkle just a bit of 5-spice powder or cardamom. Add the poppy and sunflower seeds, almonds and drizzle of honey.
- Add in the cereal and milk and you are good to go.
Read more from Home Skillet.