Researchers noticed that the Y chromosome is become less prevalent. The Y chromosome is of course the one that makes a human male. So could males be on the brink of extinction?
Some researchers predict that it might happen within the next 5 million years. Many believe that it's done shrinking in total, and has reached optimal efficiency.
Anthony from Discovery News unveils what you need to know about the possible demise of the Y chromosome.
More on AOL:
Evolution is happening right before your eyes
The weird way women downplay their success
A breakthrough stem cell treatment has arrived
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- These are the best Prime Day bedding and mattress deals you don’t w…
- There are lots of Prime Day deals on desks, chairs and other work-from…
- Homemade ricotta with spring peas and mint & grilled bread
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!