Apple Cider Fritters
Serving Size: 18 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup grated, peeled apple
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup canola oil, for frying
- Heat apple cider over high heat until it has reduced to 1/2 cup; then allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the grated apple, 2 tbsp. sugar, egg, lemon juice, 1 tsp. cinnamon, vanilla, and apple cider. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the apple mixture. Mix well.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbsp. sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil until it reaches 375 degrees. (If you are using a pot on the stove versus a fryer, make sure you can submerge the fritters in the oil).
- Slowly drop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the hot oil and allow the fritter to fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. You will have to do this in batches depending on the size of your fryer/pot.
- Remove the fritters and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil; then coat in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Best when eaten warm.
For the full post, visit Carrie's Experimental Kitchen.