By RYAN GORMAN
Twitter is back online after users experienced multiple issues on both the Android app and Tweetdeck, possibly due to a coordinated hacker infiltration.
Tweeters were locked out of the Android app and mobile web access. Tweeteck also incorrectly displayed the age of tweets.
The issue appears to have started around 7:41 p.m. EST when Android users received a notification they had been logged out of Twitter.
Upon trying to log back in, users were met with failure notifications. Attempts to reset passwords via the mobile app were also unsuccessful.
Users were able to reset their passwords via the website, but could not access the Twitter app.
Tweetdeck users were also seeing new tweets displaying as 364 days old and attempts to view pictures or user profiles by clicking on links from within the app were met with failure notices within desktop web browsers.
Mobile web browser users on Android also reported issues accessing the social network.
Twitter user @KingEboIa appears to be claiming responsibility for the outage, but AOL News has yet to verify the account's involvement.
The account, which makes references to the Anonymous hacker group, sent tweets demanding more followers by Monday morning in order to return Twitter to 100 percent status.
Users on iPhones and iPads did not appear to experience any issues.
A Twitter spokesperson pointed AOL News toward a blog post saying that "engineers are currently working to resolve [the issue]," but declined further comment.
The incident lasted approximately three hours.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!