Triple Berry Crumble Pie
I realize these are summer fruits, and both the higher cost and lesser availability of these fruits might be a disincentive for some of you. Frozen berries are a great option here. Fresh blueberries were oddly enough the most expensive of the three berries, so I bought frozen blueberries and fresh raspberries and blackberries.
Serving Size: 10 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hr
Ingredients for the Topping:
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oat
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix topping ingredients together, stirring in the melted butter last, and set aside.
- pie dough by premade Wegmans (If you'd rather make your own crust, go nuts)
- Roll out dough and shape into 9″ pie pan and set aside.
- 4 cup berries: if frozen, thaw and drain
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- Cook all the filling ingredients EXCEPT the berries on medium heat, whisking frequently, until it is well blended and thick.
- Remove filling from heat and stir in berries.
- Spoon filling into pie crust.
- Crumble topping over filling, completely covering the berries.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet (helps cook the bottom) and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool and serve!
Read more from ragamuffinrecipes.