Skinny Spinach Bacon Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Boats
This is the perfect skinny dish. It is absolutely loaded with vegetables and good cheesy bacon covered stuff that will keep your tummy full and happy! There are only 156 calories in a full serving.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 spaghetti squash (2 1/2 lb. each)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup Guiltless Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce (1/2 Batch)
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked & chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degress F. Cut your spaghetti squash in half and scoop out all the pulp and seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for an hour until the meat of the squash is tender and gives at the touch of a fork.
- In the mean time, prepare your alfredo sauce (or reheat it if it was prepared before hand.) Add the spinach to half a batch of the alfredo sauce while it's nice and hot still. Give it a good stir until the spinach is well combined with the alfredo.
- Once the squash is done, remove from the oven and gently rake a fork along the inside to shred the 'meat' into noodle like strands. Set the oven to broil. Top each squash half with 1/4 c. of the spinach alfredo mixture and stir slightly to combine squash and sauce. Place the squash under the broiler for a minute or two, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top each boat with divided bacon bits, and... if you're feeling daring, add a pinch of red pepper flakes too! I highly suggest it. Delve in and enjoy your guilt free masterpiece!
Read more from The Skinny Fork.