Crisp Mashed Potato Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 6 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
- 2 ½ cup leftover mashed potatoes (I use twice baked-recipe follows)
- 1 ½ cup shredded leftover fish
- 1 egg
- 2 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 4-5 pound bag of golden yukon potatoes
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Mash together your potatoes and fish. Add in the seasonings then the egg and panko. Mix well. Form into small patties, approximately 2-3 inches. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or all day. I like to do this in the morning so I can can breathe as dinner approaches knowing I already have it all together.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1/4 cup oil. Once the oil is hot (you can drop a small crumb from your patties to see if the oil sizzles, if so, then you're ready) and pan-fry the patties 2-3 minutes on each side until they reach a golden brown. You might have to do this in batches of 3-4 patties as you don't want to overcrowd the pan. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Boil potatoes in a large stockpot until you can insert a fork easily into the center of a potato. Drain, toss in the butter, cheese, seasoning, sour cream, green onions and milk. Mash until everything is combined.