Whole Wheat Cous Cous Salad
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- ½ english cucumber, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pot, combine 1 cup of whole wheat cous cous with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork. If serving right away chill cous cous in the freezer, or let it come to room temperature.
- In a large glass bowl, combine chilled cous cous, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley and feta cheese. Mix together. Lastly, add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Give everything a final toss. The great thing about this salad is it is still versatile - you can make this ahead of time, make a big batch for lunches, or eat right away! Enjoy!