From the Olympics in Russia to the World Cup in Brazil, there's no denying that 2014 was a historical year in sports. Luckily, talented photographers around the world were there to capture it all. As we reach the end of the year, take a few moments to relax and look through some of the best sports photography from the past twelve months.
The photos in our roundup range from the big moments, like Odell Beckham's fingertip catch and Derek Jeter's last hit at Yankee Stadium, to the less talked-about events, such as an Ontario Hockey League game and the Diving World Series in London. These skilled photographers have managed not just to freeze time, but also capture the beauty and emotion that so often come with these high-intensity competitions.
Click through the gallery above to see more of our favorite sports shots from 2014. We look forward to seeing you in 2015!
Check out photos from the biggest sports stories from 2014:
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!