From the Olympics in Russia to the World Cup in Brazil, there's no denying that 2014 was a historical year in sports. Luckily, talented photographers around the world were there to capture it all. As we reach the end of the year, take a few moments to relax and look through some of the best sports photography from the past twelve months.
The photos in our roundup range from the big moments, like Odell Beckham's fingertip catch and Derek Jeter's last hit at Yankee Stadium, to the less talked-about events, such as an Ontario Hockey League game and the Diving World Series in London. These skilled photographers have managed not just to freeze time, but also capture the beauty and emotion that so often come with these high-intensity competitions.
Click through the gallery above to see more of our favorite sports shots from 2014. We look forward to seeing you in 2015!
Check out photos from the biggest sports stories from 2014:
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Mom shares emotional journey after breast implants take a toxic tur…
- Toddler ‘sets dad straight’ in a hilarious phone call
- Surrogate FaceTimes pregnancy test results with mom-to-be: ‘I have goo…
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!