Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes With Caramom Clove Butter
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients for Pancake Batter:
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup
- 2% milk
- ¾ cup puréed pumpkin
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and pumpkin.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients and stir until batter is moist and lumpy.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Wipe a paper towel that has been rubbed with butter on the bottom of the pan.
- Using a ladle, pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm until batch is complete.
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 Tbsp agave
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom seed
- Mix agave, cloves and cardamom in a bowl and fold in the softened butter until spices are evenly distributed.
- Scoop small dollops of butter onto warm pancakes and serve with pure maple syrup.
Read more from The Culture-ist.
Image Credit: pancakes by NathanY, cinnamon stick by dbrekke, cardamom by T@H!R