Huevos Rancheros Wraps
The wraps are very good. I think the balance of cilantro and jalapeño with the eggs, black beans and tomato is perfect. I tasted the cilantro, but it didn't overwhelm. The jalapeño gave a little warmth, but my mouth wasn't overwhelmed by heat. Once the salsa's made, however, scrambling the eggs and putting the wraps together is quick and easy. As the magazine suggests, making the salsa the night before would turn this into an almost instant breakfast.
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 15 mins
- ⅓ cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- ⅓ cup lower-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ⅜ tsp salt, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil1 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (about ¼ cup)
- 2 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Place corn in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, tomato, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Combine remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add cheese; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between tortillas; top evenly with corn mixture. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion. Cut each burrito in half.
Read more from Taking On Magazines.