Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders
By Eat Drink Garden
Be sure to seek out chicken tenders, not sliced chicken breasts. The tenders will be more, well...tender. The sliced breasts with need to cook longer and become rubbery.
- 10 organic chicken tenders
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs or medium ground cornmeal
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter (divided)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- Set oven to 150 and grab a cookie sheet to place your tenders on after they are cooked to keep warm.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the egg in another. Set a cast iron skillet (9" – 10") over medium heat.
- Dip each tender in the egg mixture and then in the dry mixture, evenly coating each piece.
- Your pan should be hot and ready to go. Add one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of evoo to the skillet. It should sizzle! When the butter is melted and foamy add five of the dredged tenders. Cook 6-8 minutes a side. They will be golden brown when you flip. Place the cooked tenders on a cookie sheet fitted with a rack and slide in your prepared oven. Now add the rest of the butter and oil and repeat with the next batch.
- Season with a pinch of salt before serving.
For the full post, visit Eat Drink Garden.