Fig and Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula
There is such a nice balance of saltiness, sweetness and savory that it will literally shock you at how good it is.
Ingredients for the Pizza Dough:
- 4 ½ cup chilled unbleached high-gluten, bread or all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1 ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil + more for coating
- 1 ¾ cup ice cold water cornmeal for dusting
- Pizza Dough: Using the hook attachment in a kitchen aid mixer on low speed blend flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Next, slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined and then slowly drizzle in cold water.
- Once combined turn it to medium speed and mix for 5 to 7 minutes. Once combined add to a flour dusted surface and form small dough balls (should be 4 individual balls) and place them on a flour dusted pan lined with parchment paper. Next, our a little olive oil over the top of each dough ball, wrap the pan completely and place in the refrigerator over night. After resting, simply roll the dough out on a flour dusted surface using your hands and knuckles (Do not use a rolling pin as it will not work that well, you need to stretch the dough using your hands). NOTE: This recipe is only for 1 pizza - freeze the other 3 dough balls.
Ingredients for the Pizza:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh figs cut into wedges
- 4 slices of prosciutto ham cut into thirds
- 2 oz buffalo mozzarella cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- When the dough is rolled out brush on olive oil. Next, evenly spread the prosciutto ham and buffalo mozzarella. Top off with figs and transfer to a pizza stone or a sheet pan dusted with corn meal on 500° for 8 to 12 minutes. NOTE: If using a stone place it in the oven during the preheat process.
- Once the pizza is cooked, top off with arugula, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cut into slices and serve!
For the full post, visit Chef Billy Parisi.