Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Scones
Serving Size: 12 | Prep Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 ¾ cup (11 1/2 ounces) flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (depending on your chocolate-level tolerance)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- 3 Tbsp milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt. Fold carefully into the dry mix without overworking the dough.
- Take out a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape them into flat, round disks, about 6 inches in diameter.
- Brush them with milk and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and cinnamon sugar. Cut each circle into 6 wedges and pull them apart, so they're about ¾ inch away from each other. Put the scones in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
For the full post, visit The Woks of Life.