Lemon Blackberry Cake
- 2 cup Cara's gluten-free flour blend (see below for link to recipe)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blackberry
- 1 lemon's zest1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond, unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix non-dairy milk and vinegar together and allow to sit for 5-7 minutes to sour.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together (minus the blackberries and zest). Whisk well.
- Pour oil into soured non-dairy milk and pour into dry ingredients.
- Fold in berries and lemon zest.
- Pour into desired pan/dish and top with pistachio cardamom sugar topping (recipe below).
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until knife is clean when inserted in the middle (I have a really old oven that bakes things quicker than newer ovens).
Pistachio Cardamom Sugar Topping
- 5 Tbsp vegan butter, chilled
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup pistachios, dry roasted, unsalted, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Combine sugars, flour and cardamom together.
- Add vegan butter until a sand-like crumble forms.
- Add pistachios.
Note: Recipe for Cara's Gluten-Free Flour Blend can be found here.
This recipe is great baked in an 8″x 8″ greased baking dish.For the full post, visit Fork and Beans