Fresh Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
By This Silly Girl's Life
Grilled corn on the cob mixed with ripe grape tomatoes tossed in a light fresh basil vinaigrette, you can serve it warm or cold but the longer it sits the better! I personally like it better cold, so make sure you grill the corn ahead of time and make the salad a few hours in advance before serving it chilled!
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 pt grape tomato
- 8 basil leaves, julienned
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Remove out husk and silks from corn. Grill on oiled grill gates over medium high heat. You are looking to get the outside slightly charred, about 10 minutes rotating every few minutes. Take corn off the grill and set aside.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and add to a large bowl.
- When the corn is cool enough to be handled, cut the kernels off the cob and place in the bowl with the tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette. Pour vinaigrette over the corn and tomato mixture.
- Place in fridge a few hours in advance until ready to serve or serve immediately if you prefer it warm. Enjoy!