Developing nukes is one thing.
But creating a device that can detect dead bodies from a mile away? Now, that's ambitious.
At least that's the claim from Iran's state run-news agency, which spoke with an Iranian inventor who says his new radar tracker can "detect drugs, explosives, bodies alive and dead under the rubble, addictive drugs and alcoholic beverages."
The device can even determine the degree of addiction inside an addict's body - impressive. Now, we'd love to give Iran the benefit of the doubt on this one, but the thing is, the country's propaganda machine has a tendency to dabble in the absurd.
"Iran unveils a new advanced fighter jet. ... Officials say the jet is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and capable of meeting requirements for major combat operations."
Only problem? Aviation experts said there's no way that thing could fly. (Video Press TV)
And who could forget the time an Iranian scientist said he'd built a time machine that could predict the future with 98 percent accuracy.
"Great Scott!" (Video via Universal Pictures / "Back To The Future")
Oh, and experts still doubt whether Iran launched a monkey into space, as it claimed to. (Video via Channel 4)
"We do not have any way to confirm this, with regard to the primate," said former U.S. State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland.
And, as it turns out, the Islamic Republic also has an affinity for Photoshop.
Back in 2008, Iran's Revolutionary Guard released this photo of its missile test, but foreign reporters noticed it had made a teensy tweak, which The New York Times illustrates here: an additional missile casually copy-and-pasted in.
With all that in mind, the new dead body tracker seems nice, but what Iran could really use is a lie detector.
This video includes an image from Getty Images.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Daydreaming about that colorful Acne Studios scarf? Amazon has an a…
- My parents say this 3-in-1 charging station is the most useful gift I’…
- TikTok found a $19 dupe for Lululemon’s Everywhere Belt Bag: ‘You can’…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!