On "Antiques Roadshow" tribute to the "Boomers" generation, a woman admits she sleeps with a rare Elvis Presley cardboard cutout by her bedside every night. But, judge slowly, because that level of protection paid off well for her.
"At auction, I would estimate it at least $10-15,000," the appraiser told her.
The woman's response? "Oh my god!"
The appraiser then asked her the million-dollar question: "So are you going to keep it by your bed still?"
"Absolutely! You're kidding!"
The woman brought in a very rare 1956 Elvis "Love Me Tender" standee and said she kept a safe guard on it by sleeping next to it at night.
In fact, the appraiser said it's so rare there are only about two or three that still exist because so many of Elvis' frenetic female fanbase ripped them to shreds trying to take home a piece of "The King."
The woman said she stumbled on the rare Elvis cardboard cutout in a friend's attic and they ended up letting her keep it.
Not to mention that the appraiser actually underscored the value, and the woman was clearly all shook up when she found out the cutout is now worth between $18,000 - $20,000.
Elvis auction items are also a pretty hot commodity right now. Back in August, the first ever auction held at Elvis Presley's Graceland home saw the sale of antique checks, letters and rings.
Plus, popular auction website eBay actually has a buying guide strictly devoted to Elvis Presley memorabilia.
We have to say, it's pretty tough to top a life-size cutout of "The King" -- and, if the woman's reaction was any indication, she's probably not parting ways with it anytime soon.
Also on AOL:
A rare silver dollar is worth big bucks on 'Pawn Stars'
Babe Ruth hat sells for $303,000 at auction
Why a rare coin worth six figures sold for much less
The Latest from our Partners
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Oily skin babes love this hyaluronic moisturizer that’s under $20 o…
- This best-selling $14 eye cream on Amazon ‘is the one you will never w…
- Hurry! All Saints is offering 70 percent off on dozens of styles for a…
- An Insane card offering 0% interest until nearly 2021
- 7 outrageous credit cards if you have excellent credit
- Cards charging 0% interest until 2021
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…