A recently released report has revealed what times during the year Americans are most likely to imbibe alcoholic beverages.
The study was conducted by BACtrack, a manufacturer of professional and personal breathalyzers, such as their Mobile Breathlyzer, a smartphone app that allows users to test their blood alcohol content levels with a Bluetooth connected pump and sensor.
BACtrack compiled the results anonymously from their almost 300 thousand mobile users, and found December 1st through March 31st are the prime drinking months, with an average BAC level above 0.06 percent three quarters of the time. During these months, a person is likely to drink on average five days a week.
When a person's BAC reaches 0.06 percent, the negative effects of alcohol, such as slurred speech, become apparent and that person is most likely to appear drunk. Certain days during the winter saw a big spike in BAC levels, particularly Superbowl Sunday and Valentine's Day, both in February.
New Year's Eve, and the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, both also experienced heightened levels of intoxication, with BAC levels averaging more than 0.09 percent.
Throughout the rest of the year, BAC levels remain lower, with random spikes experienced on or near certain holidays, such as the Fourth of July or the weekend before Cinco de Mayo.
More from AOL
BBC reporter gets high while filming a segment
Woman is 'all shook up' by value of her Elvis Presley cutout
Former homeless teen gives back for holidays
- 5 TikTok dishes you can totally make with popcorn
- Dog trainer reveals what not to say to your family pet
- I tried Beautycounter’s new brightening hand serum that doubles as a s…
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…