Spinach & White Bean Tacos
These tacos are really easy to make and only require one pan for cooking. The thing that takes the longest is prepping the vegetables, and even that only takes about 5-10 minutes! All in all I had lunch prepped and cooked within 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
Ingredients for pico:
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 chives, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, chives, lime juice and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside to marry.
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 1 small white onion (about 1 cup), diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 6 cup baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 6 white whole wheat tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory Mini Soft Wraps. 50 cal. each.)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium - medium-high heat and add in the onion. Sauté for a few minutes to cook through.
- Once the onions are starting to turn translucent, add in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute until lightly browning.
- Stir the beans into the pan and cook for a minute or two.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Finally add in the spinach and allow to cook until starting to wilt and the beans are completely heated.
- Warm the tortillas and top each with 1/3 c. of the spinach and beans, followed by about 3 tbsp. of the pico and a sprinkling of 1 tbsp. queso fresco.
- Serve warm right away and enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.