Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
By Melanie Makes
Looking for a dessert that screams Spring? This Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze is everything you love about warmer temperatures and then some. A light fluffy cake piled high with fresh, grilled fruit and finished with a sweet glaze, this is the perfect finish to the end of any meal.
Serving Size: 12 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 20 minsIngredients:
Pineapple pale ale bundt cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz pale ale beer
- 20 oz crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to mixer bowl, mixing just until combined.
- Add milk, mixing until just combined.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Add pale ale, mixing until just combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until skewer inserted into cake comes out cleanly.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Brown sugar glaze
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- Stir all ingredients together in small saucepan over medium heat until mixture begins to simmer and thicken. Poke holes with skewer on top of cake and spoon glaze over top of cooled cake.
- Slice pineapple into rings and grill until grill marks are visible. Cut into large chunks and garnish center of cake.