Most people would be thrilled to wake up from a coma, but Rory Curtis ... not so much.
In 2012, the 25-year-old was severely injured after a horrific car accident involving six cars and a truck in Great Britain.
He suffered a brain hemorrhage, a broken pelvis and injured his arm in the accident. After spending six days in a coma, he came to and had a devastating realization.
He said, "I cannot remember much but I know in my head I thought I was Matthew McConaughey. When I went to the toilet I went to look in the mirror and I was shocked because I didn't look like him, I didn't know what I was looking at... But at times I was in hospital thinking I can't wait to get out of here and back to filming movies. I was convinced I was him and that I had his good looks as well - I know it was hopeful thinking really."
But that's not the only surprise.
Rory became fluent in French. He says he had several casual conversations at the hospital with a nurse in French - something he hadn't studied in years.
Two years later, he's still fluent...and still not Matthew McConaughey.
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Save on La Mer, Jo Malone and more luxury beauty brands during the …
- New dads vs. experienced dads — hilarious TikTok couple show the diffe…
- 5 jeans under $60 to get from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!