Asparagus Potato Leek Soup
By Feed Me Phoebe
This potato soup recipe is a hybrid of two of my favorites - cream of asparagus soup and potato leek soup. I made my version vegan and healthy, but still creamy. Since it's all one texture, I recommend some herbs or croutons for garnish.
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 30 minsIngredients:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced1 large leek, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 large russet potato (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 qt vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Saute the shallot and leek over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, until fragrant. Pour in the wine and salt. Simmer until reduced by half, scrapping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the potatoes and cover with stock. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the asparagus pieces and remove from the heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then puree with an immersion or stand blender until very smooth. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or at room temperature with spring herbs and a drizzle of olive oil for garnish.