Twix cookie cups
Twix Cookie Cups. Easy as pie. Tastier than pie. Heaven.
- 1 roll premade refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 cups caramel bits or caramels (http://www.kraftbrands.com/caramels/products/default.aspx)
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease or spray a muffin pan
- Slice the cookie roll into slices ½ inch thick. Using your fingers, take each slice and push it into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin mold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden.
- Take out of oven and create a cup by pushing the end of shot glass into each muffin cup (you could also use the back of a wooden spoon. you just need to push the middle of each cookie back down to create a "cup")
- Allow to cool slightly and then using a butter knife, carefully take each cookie out of the muffin tin.
- Heat the caramel with the water in a microwave. (use more or less water depending on the consistency of the caramel) Heat in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring between heating. It should take 2-3 times to be fully melted and creamy. Fill each cookie cup ⅔ full with caramel.
- Place cookies in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set the caramel. While caramel is setting, melt chocolate in the microwave, again in intervals of 30 seconds.
- Take cookies out of fridge and pour chocolate to the top of each cookie. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt.
- Cool cookies in the fridge to set chocolate and then store in an airtight container.
More from The Cookie Rookie:
Chocolate covered cherry cheesecake cookie bars
Peanut butter kiss cookies
M&M red velvet cake cookies