DIY sequin mugs
These mugs are fabulous, fun, and dishwasher safe! Who wouldn't smile when taking a sip from one of these cups?
- Plain porcelain mugs
- Masking Tape
- Decoupage, high gloss finish
- Use masking tape to tape off the bottom of the mug. Don't forget to tape off the handle as well.
- Use a paintbrush to apply the decoupage below the tape line and then generously douse the mug in glitter.
- While the decoupage is still wet, carefully peel up the masking tape.
- Set mugs aside to dry, with the glitter side up. Allow to dry for about 8 hours.
- After the mugs have completely dried, use the paintbrush to dab a very generous coat of decoupage over the glitter.
- Set aside once again, glitter side up, to dry. Allow to dry until no traces of white show and mugs are dry to the touch.
- Once mugs are dry, paint a thin layer of decoupage over the glitter and allow to dry. Repeat 1-2 more times.
- Once the last coat of decoupage is dry, the mugs need to sit at room temperature for a week in order to cure completely and become dishwasher safe – just in time for Christmas!
More from Sequins are a Girl's Best Friend:
Black & olive
Over the knee boots