The latest Sony leak reveals one of TV's favorite game show hosts almost called it quits.
Who is: Alex Trebek. Radar Online reports the mother of a Jeopardy! contestant wasn't happy with how he treated her daughter in a recent episode.
During kids week on the show, one contestant stormed off stage after she was told she wouldn't be making it to the final round.
The stage mom wasn't happy with the host's efforts to make her daughter feel better and she wrote Sony producers, saying, "If he had taken the time, he would have known, like you do, that my daughter is not a sore loser, and does not become emotional solely over losing a game. She was upset about not being able to completely play the game to the end. I don't think I'll ever forgive him for that."
The producers responded with an apology on Trebek's behalf and offered to re-tape the segment "to appease an upset mother who could start a feeding frenzy about Alex's perceived insensitivity."
Earlier this year, Trebek was accused of being gender biased.
Salon claimed the 74-year-old acts much more surprised when a woman wins, and when they win consistently, he brands it a "battle of the sexes" not an ordinary winning streak.
But Trebek was having none of it from this stage mom about her daughter.
He wrote, "If you all think I should retape the opening, I will. But I want to say that for 30 years I've defended our show against attacks inside and out ... If I'm making mistakes and saying things you don't like, maybe it's time for me to move on. It's not a threat, but I want to let you know how I'm feeling."
More from AOL
Jim Bob Duggar fires back at critics who want show canceled
'7th Heaven' actor Stephen Collins admits molesting three young girls
Sharon Osbourne loses a tooth on live TV
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- These are the only heels I can wear for 8+ hours totally pain-free
- Mom confesses the ‘petty’ lies she tells her kids: ‘It just makes ever…
- Bride plays ‘shoe game’ with sister at wedding to reveal they’re both …
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…