If the NFL wanted its Thursday night prime-time package to go out with a bang, it couldn't have made a worse choice.
The only real interest in this one between the Titans and Jaguars is how it affects the overall top draft pick chase.
With both teams at 2-12 - from the same division, no less, the AFC South - they are in a "race" with Oakland and Tampa Bay for that bottom spot.
Jacksonville rookie quarterback Blake Bortles has a sprained right foot and is questionable. Veteran Chad Henne is the backup.
The visiting Titans will be without their top two QBs, rookie Zach Mettenberger and veteran Jake Locker, both also injured. That means journeyman Charlie Whitehurst gets the assignment.
The Jaguars (No. 29 in AP Pro32), are a 3-point favorite over the Titans (No. 32, AP Pro32).
Look to the hosts. And look elsewhere on the tube for something to watch.
No. 1 New England (minus 10) at No. 27 New York Jets
Patriots can taste that home cooking for the playoffs. Another step toward it.
BEST BET: PATRIOTS, 30-10
No. 25 New York Giants (plus 5) at No. 19 St. Louis
Lukewarm choice, but can't find any other likely ...
UPSET SPECIAL: GIANTS, 20-19
No. 6 Indianapolis (plus 3) at No. 7 Dallas
Cowboys need it far more than do Colts.
No. 3 Denver (minus 3 1-2) at No. 11 Cincinnati
Bengals need it far more than do Broncos. Doesn't matter.
No. 2 Seattle (minus 7 1-2) at No. 5 Arizona
Third-string QB against that Seattle defense? Don't think that works.
No. 10 Baltimore (minus 4) at No. 17 Houston
Ravens also get third-string QB, which should mean no problem.
No. 24 Atlanta (plus 6 1-2) at No. 20 New Orleans
The little showdown at the Big Easy in the ugly NFC South.
No. 4 Green Bay (minus 10 1-2) at No. 30 Tampa Bay
If Packers can't handle this road game, there are serious questions to answer.
No. 8 Detroit (minus 4 1-2) at No. 26 Chicago
Lions blow through the Windy City mess.
No. 9 Philadelphia (minus 8 1-2) at No. 31 Washington, Saturday
Eagles need to win their last two for playoff consideration.
No. 15 Kansas City (plus 3) at No. 12 Pittsburgh
Chiefs' meager playoff hopes end in Steel City, but in a tight one.
No. 13 Buffalo (minus 5 1-2) at No. 28 Oakland
Bills might keep their postseason hopes barely breathing with a win.
No. 14 San Diego (plus 2 1-2) at No. 16 San Francisco, Saturday
Can't see 49ers going out with a whimper, so they'll ruin Chargers' season.
No. 23 Minnesota (plus 6 1-2) at No. 18 Miami
Vikings get to warm up, if nothing else, in South Florida.
No. 22 Cleveland (OFF) at No. 21 Carolina
If QB Derek Anderson goes, he can get some payback on former team.
2014 RECORD: Against spread: This week (8-6-1); Season (108-106-5). Straight up: This week (11-5); Season (148-75-1)
Best Bet: 6-9 against spread, 9-6 straight up.
Upset special: 7-8 against spread, 5-10 straight up.
Related gallery: Sports photos of the week
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 230,000 people love Amazon’s best-selling sheets, and they’re 45% o…
- 8 perfect beer and food pairings
- ‘My hair feels like silk’: Tame frizzy hair and flyaways with this bes…
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Do You Know the Fastest Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card