Christmas came two weeks early for a 101-year-old Arizona resident who won $50,000 in the Arizona lottery. Great-great-great grandma Lily Camacho received a number of scratch-offs from her 78-year-old son last Tuesday. One of them was a Money Tree game ticket.
Her son told the Arizona Republic that despite never winning with that particular game, he felt compelled to purchase the ticket.
"The Lord just told me to buy that ticket," he said. "It turned out to be a winner."
The jackpot couldn't have come at a better time. With Christmas just over a week away, Camacho now has enough money to buy gifts for all of her 24 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, 19 great-great-grandchildren and one great-great-great-grandchild.
A spokeswoman for the Arizona Lottery' said, "We could not have been happier to award Lily Camacho with her $50,000 top prize check. At 101 years old, she is one of the oldest Arizona lottery winners we have had the pleasure of meeting and hope this win brings joy to her and her family this holiday season."
Winning the Money Tree game is something of a Christmas miracle. The odds of winning are one in 240,000.
Speaking of lucky numbers, check out this sweet baby's birth date:
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!