Christmas came two weeks early for a 101-year-old Arizona resident who won $50,000 in the Arizona lottery. Great-great-great grandma Lily Camacho received a number of scratch-offs from her 78-year-old son last Tuesday. One of them was a Money Tree game ticket.
Her son told the Arizona Republic that despite never winning with that particular game, he felt compelled to purchase the ticket.
"The Lord just told me to buy that ticket," he said. "It turned out to be a winner."
The jackpot couldn't have come at a better time. With Christmas just over a week away, Camacho now has enough money to buy gifts for all of her 24 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, 19 great-great-grandchildren and one great-great-great-grandchild.
A spokeswoman for the Arizona Lottery' said, "We could not have been happier to award Lily Camacho with her $50,000 top prize check. At 101 years old, she is one of the oldest Arizona lottery winners we have had the pleasure of meeting and hope this win brings joy to her and her family this holiday season."
Winning the Money Tree game is something of a Christmas miracle. The odds of winning are one in 240,000.
Speaking of lucky numbers, check out this sweet baby's birth date:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!