By RYAN GORMAN
A military veteran believed to be the triggerman in six murders -- including his ex-wife -- across suburban Philadelphia is still on the loose, authorities said.
Bradley Stone, 35, of Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, is still on the loose after the killings, which occurred at three separate locations, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
All six victims are related to Stone, police said during a Monday afternoon press briefing. Investigators have previously admitted they expect the death roll to rise.
Police originally believed they had Stone surrounded when they descended on a house in Souderton but instead took the wrong man into custody.
The roughly three-hour standoff came to an end when a SWAT team stormed the Souderton home the suspect was holed up in, first tossing a flashbang and then entering, authorities told the Inquirer.
Cops soon realized the wrong person was taken into custody and the massive manhunt resumed, the Inquirer reported.
A separate SWAT operation was simultaneously being carried out a few towns over, according to WCAU. The results of that operation have not yet been made immediately available.
Police first became aware of the murders just before 4:00 a.m. Monday morning, following a 911 call for a woman shot dead, sources told WPVI.
Two more people were found killed half an hour later, according to the station, and another two people were found slain in Souderton just before the suspect barricaded himself inside the home around 9:00 a.m.
A seventh person has also been wounded in the series of shootings.
It is not clear where the sixth body was found. All of the victims were reportedly shot at close range.
Children who may have witnessed at least one of the killings have been found safe, reported WPVI.
Local schools were under a "shelter in place," according to WTXF. No students are considered to be in danger.
This is a developing story, more information will come as it is made available.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!