By KELSEY DRISCOLL
Oh, the weather outside is frightful... so stay in, grab some cocoas and take a look back at this past week in photos.
For those who live in major cities that have recently been taken over by various protests, it's important not just to witness what's going on, but to remain safe while doing so. One man in Italy had the view of a lifetime as demonstrations in his country began over government reforms that are threatening workers' rights. The man, who appears to be a building worker, viewed the protests from a scaffolding above the street, and the lucky guy was photographed watching next to a beautiful model - although we can't imagine she had much to say about the situation.
Protests in the United States also raged on this week, with one of the most notable demonstrations occurring in Berkeley, California. Incredible photos surfaced as residents took to the streets to protest the recent grand jury decisions in New York and Missouri to not indict two white police officers who each killed an unarmed black man. As this was all occurring, the enormous pro-democracy protest in Hong Kong that has been in the news since September was shut down by police, though many activists insist that this is not the end.
Extreme weather over the past few days has made headlines around the world and produced some stunning photos for this week's roundup. There were reports of snowfall from New York to Germany, creating the winter wonderland so many of us have been waiting for - and that others are sick of already. Heavy rains also pummeled northern California, while Typhoon Haguput hit the eastern Philippines and a tornado was spotted in the waters off of Alanya, Turkey.
Click through the slideshow above to see photos from these news stories, as well as our other favorite photos of the week, including an installation in China comprised of 1,600 panda sculptures, and a picture of President Obama playing Santa. Have a good weekend, and be sure to check back next week for our selection of the best photos from the next seven days.
More from AOL.com:
Take a look at 30 awesome photos from November 2014
Washington Post photojournalist dies in Liberia
Mudflows spur evacuations in Southern California
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- These pasta cupcakes are the ultimate savory dish
- Jump-start your morning with these delicious egg sandwich recipes
- Anxious Reddit parents wonder just how bad the baby formula shortage i…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!