By RYAN GORMAN
Two suspects are in custody for shooting two cops following a multi-agency manhunt through suburban Atlanta.
DeKalb County police officers Tony Luong, 26, and Devon Perry, 29, both suffered non-life threatening injuries while responding early Friday morning to a burglary call, authorities said. The men who fired on them are both at a local hospital in police custody.
A 27-year-old male suspect was immediately shot multiple times by police on the scene, at a Decatur apartment complex, as the other fled the scene brandishing what police believe was an assault rifle, DeKalb County police Captain Stephen Fore said during a Friday morning press briefing.
The second suspect, aged 29, was dragged down by a police K-9 unit while attempting to hide in a dumpster, sources told WSB. He suffered dog bite injuries.
Neither suspect has yet been named by police.
Their apprehension came after firing upon officers Luong and Perry as they approached the address from which the burglary call first was made, according to Fore.
The police captain would not confirm exactly how far the cops were from the residence when the 7:00 a.m. shootout occurred.
Luong was shot in in the thigh and is in surgery, according to the station. Perry was shot in the calf, treated for his injuries and released from the hospital.
Both men are relatively new to the police department. Luong is in his first year on the force, Perry his fourth.
The home's residents were inside at the time of the gunfire exchange, but suffered no injuries, according to Fore.
The gun battle allowed the 29-year-old suspect to flee the scene and take cover in the woods.
Officers from the DeKalb County Police and Sheriff's Department were joined by U.S. Marshals and the Atlanta Metropolitan Police, according to Fore.
Multiple local schools were placed on lockdown while authorities scoured the area for the individuals.
One fully-automatic assault rifle and a handgun were recovered by police, according to WSB.
Each suspects faces multiple charges including home invasion, armed robbery and aggravated assault on a police officer.
'Kill the Jew!': Knife-wielding madman gunned down by NYPD after Brooklyn synagogue attack
'Why did you have to shoot him?' Devastated girl, 9, writes letter to Phoenix cop who killed her father
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Dad grounds teen daughter after she refuses to wash dishes because …
- Loving the hot pink fashion trend? Here are 10 stylish pieces to add t…
- Puppies escape while husband sleeps through ‘night duty’: ‘How did he …
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!