By JENNY DEPPER
Just call him Saint Ewan McGregor.
The 43-year-old actor is headed to the big screen this year in a divine new role ... as Jesus Christ.
"The August: Osage County" star will play the religious figure in the new drama "Last Days in the Desert," which will chronicle Jesus' 40-day fast in the desert and his battle against temptation from Satan.
A photo of McGregor as Jesus surfaced late Wednesday and it is safe to say that he is one of the most attractive saviors we've ever seen.
In the image, the Scottish star is dressed in a tattered brown tunic and cloak and has a scruffy look with long hair and a beard. He's standing in front of the desert, which looks dramatic with the bright blue sky and the pale mountains.
"Last Days in the Desert," is due out in 2015 and is written and directed by Rodrigo Garcia. The cast is rounded out by Tye Sheridan (Mud), Ciarán Hinds (Game of Thrones) and Ayelet Zurer (Man of Steel).
McGregor certainly isn't the first star to take on the holy role.
See all the stars who've played Jesus Christ:
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…