There's nothing better than cozying in on your couch on a cold winter night with friends, great wine and a complimentary selection of cheeses. So what's a great cold weather wine and delicious cheese to match back? I had to ask my friends over at Uproot for their recommendation.
The Uproot team said to serve up their 'Cabernet Sauvignon' because it's like the comfort food of wine. Rich and complex flavors make it the perfect wine to drink fireside, while watching a movie, or entertaining friends. Then the best cheeses to match back to red wine... Any bold cheese works well, though Cabernet pairs especially well with intense and salty cheeses, smoked or aged cheddars and goudas, parmigiano reggiano, aged manchego, and pecorino. One fun tip they recommend... 'Pair locally when it comes to wines and cheeses' ie. choose ones that come from the same region. The Uproot team loves serving California wines with California cheeses. A perfect match to their Cabernet Sauvignon is Midnight Moon goat's milk gouda.
See the full post here.
More from the Fashionable Hostess:
Sweet potato and carrot soul a la Crockpot
A warm welcome for the holidays
- Restaurant servers freak out when someone requests ‘a table for 91’
- Nordstrom Rack seriously has the best 4th of July sale — shop 30+ of o…
- This $13 best-selling portable luggage scale will ensure that your sui…
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise