By RYAN GORMAN
German airline Lufthansa has decided to allow falcons in the main cabin of flights.
The predatory birds have been permitted in a new "Falcon Master" tray in an attempt to lure wealthy Middle Eastern travelers who use them for hunting, according to reports. The new accommodations will be available in the coming months.
"The Falcon Master ensures maximum hygienic protection of the cabin walls, seats and carpets from soiling by the birds," the airline said in a statement to the Guardian.
Lufthansa's falcon trays will be in most Middle Eastern flight as soon as six months, a spokesperson told the paper.
Falconry is said by the airline to be "very popular" in the region.
Other airlines allow animals onboard, but usually they are limited to domesticated cats or dogs.
Spirit and United Airlines, both based in the U.S., allow domestic birds, but not poultry or hunting birds, the paper noted.
Guinea pigs, hamsters and rabbits are allowed on many airlines. Spanish airline Iberia allows tortoises.
Air Europa allows fish, tortoises and even rodents on most flights. Other pets are allowed if stowed in carry-on luggage and are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Also on AOL:
'Use the whole damn egg': Watch the SNL Ferguson skit held from airing on television
China building the world's largest carp for major festival
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Instacart now offers 24/7 delivery in most major cities, making lif…
- Nordstrom’s sale section has so many finds under $25 — here are 20+ of…
- This vitamin-infused toothpaste could give you a boost of energy in th…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!